May 4, 2012

Pearl Harbor


top: J. Crew. shorts: Urban Outfitters. belt: J. Crew. shoes: Gianni Bini (old). sunnies: Tory Burch. jewelry: Michael Kors watch, David Yurman, Tory Burch, J. Crew, Forever 21, H&M. nails: Orly "melt your popsicle".


USS Arizona Memorial--The site where 1,177 men lost their lives on December 7, 1941.





USS Missouri--The last commissioned US Battleship and the site where the treaty with Japan was signed ending WWII for the U.S.



As I mentioned last week, I went to Hawaii to visit my little brother...what I left out is that he is proudly serving in the U.S. Navy and stationed at Pearl Harbor! Because of this connection, visiting Pearl Harbor, the USS Arizona Memorial and the USS Missouri was even more amazing, memorable, and moving than what I imagine most people get to experience.

Please take the time to thank someone in uniform today, they are the reason we remain free.

xo,
S



No comments: